Skyshatter
Hello, and welcome to SkyShatter! To enter, please log in. If you are not yet a member, don't forget to register and become part of the community!
Skyshatter
Hello, and welcome to SkyShatter! To enter, please log in. If you are not yet a member, don't forget to register and become part of the community!
Skyshatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyshatter

Hello, Newcomer. I see they've sent you here too. It's ok, you'll fit in just fine. Welcome to Skyshatter. A place were the magic and mystery is banished from the human world. But we learned to settle here. There are many creatures here. What are you?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ten years and I'm still working here

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Cai

Cai

Who you love : Liyra/Leo

Ten years and I'm still working here Empty
PostSubject: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Cai set the last half-wood sword back on its rack after polishing the metal side. He smiled at his work and went back behind the counter of the weapons shop, now owned by him. The old owner had died a few years back and had left the shop to Cai, so now it was a one-man show.
Behind the counter, Cai sat down on the bar stool he had bought a year ago and started reading a book he had behind the shelf on the history of many battles. He hadn't gotten very far when the bells on the door jingled and someone walked in.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

Who you love : John: None | Leo: Lupa | Lydia: Kukai~Crush | Liyra: None|

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:36 pm

It was Lydia, she always came to Check up on the shop. "Oh! Hi there Cai." She said cheerfully as she walked up to him, nearly triping on the spears.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:26 pm

"Hey Lydia," Cai said, smiling as she almost tripped on the spears. Some things never change. "So, did you come to visit then? Or are you going to actually buy something this time?" he said, obviously joking around.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:31 pm

"You know I don't Like violence Cai. I just came to visit you, is that so wrong?" She said, pouting jokeingly.

Just then an elf girl came into the shop, she looked Like Lucy but she wasn't, "Um Hello is anyone there? I need some things repaired." she said looking around.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:44 pm

"Not wrong at all, madam," he said, giving her a formal bow. He heard the door open and smiled as an elf girl walked in. "Hi there," he said, "what can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:52 pm

The elf girl walked up to the counter and it was liyra. "Wait! It's you! You're that guy!" She said supprised.

"You know this girl Cai?" Lydia asked a little confused.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Cai turned his head to the side, trying to remember. It took a moment, but then he recognized her. "Yeah, I remember you now. That was a long time ago, wasn't it?" he said.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:10 pm

"Yeah, Really long. I wanderd into your house. Well I can't say I'm supprised to see where you work at." She said.

Lydia looked back and forth between them. "She wandered into your house? When? How?" She asked, trying not to be left out of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:06 pm

"Yeah, kind of obvious isn't it?" Cai said, glancing around the store. "Oh, I was to tired to close my door one evening, and she wandered in. I pulled a sword on her, but, thankfully, no one was hurt," he continued for Lydia's benefit.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:24 pm

"Hey wait! I just thought of something! This is a weapons shop right? Well why don't you provide weapons clases? It doesn't have to be like big elaborate clases just like some basic things on how to use assorted weapons safely and efficiently." Liyra sort of randomly blurted out; she had suggested it because she really needed a job and no one was hireing.

Lydia just sorta staed at the elf girl for a moment and started thinking. "That doesn't acctually sound like such a bad idea, and you're a caster right Cai, you could even help begining casters right"? Lydia added.

OOC: The weapons shop doesn't offer classes does it? if it does then I'm gonna end up looking pretty stupid.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 pm

"I guess you guys have got a point there. And it would bring in extra revenue. I'll think on it," he said, not dismissing the idea, but not thinking too highly of it either.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:39 pm

"D-Do you think that mabey I could help out with it? I'm good with weapons." Liyra asked almost as if she was begging.

Lydia smiled a little because she knew what was going on, often times someone with more usefull powers took up job positions makeing it hard to get a job. For example if you were like a neko per say instead of a fire caster applying for a building job the fire caster would most likely take the job position because they can hand weld useing their powers. Also because no one is really allowed to leave SkyShatter that can make it even harder to find a job.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Cai nodded. "It'd be nice to have some help around here. Why don't you show me what you know?" he said.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm

"Well I kinda can't untill you fix my bow silly. but I am pretty good with knives and I do know how to sharpen blades, also I can clean.." Liyra blurted out, going over every little thing she could possibly do or learn, she was a bit desperate for a job.

Lydia pouted a like a little kid at the statement "It'd be nice to have some help around here" because she made an effort to come and help clean.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm

"Well, let me see your bow and we'll get it fixed up," he said. "I meant help with the actual weapons, Lydia," Cai said, seeing his friend pouting,
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:01 am

"Uh.. it's on the table silly." Liyra said laughing a little at Cai's forgetfullness.

"He does that a lot sometimes." Lydia laughed, joining in on the joke.

OOC: Yesterday you like asked something about Cai and Liyra possibly having a relationship, well I'm game for it so ling as it goes gradually instead of oh say a spach shuttle takes flight.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 3:58 pm

ooc: Kk. That's what I was thinking too anyways xD btw, what exactly is wrong with the bow?

bic: "Oh, yeah!" Cai said, having completely forgot that she had already put it on the table. "I'll just take it into the back and get a better look," he said, picking up the bow carefully and walking into the back of the shop.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:24 pm

OOC: It needs to be restrung.

IC: Liyra then turned to Lydia, "So~ Are you like his girlfriend or something?" She asked trying to make conversation.

"No!" Lydia shouted blushing, not at the idea of it but at the fact the question was even asked.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Cai quickly found the spare bowstrings, found one that matched the bow, and restrung it. Then he took the bow back to Liyra. "There you go! That'll be twenty-fifty," he said, returning the bow to her and sliding over to a cash register.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 pm

"Um... I-I don't have any money.." Liyra admitted stupidly
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Cai sighed. "I'll tell you what. I'll start up that training school, and you can help me. I'll take the money from your paycheck every week until you've paid up. Sounds like a deal to you?"
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 pm

"W-wait! it's just twenty dolars and fifty cents right? cause someone ripped me off before pulling a stunt like that.. and then when I left the store he called the cops and told them that I had been shoplifting and hadn't payed enough for what I purchesed... needless to say I went bankrupt after that.." Liyra said, not really even realizeing that she was rambleing.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Cai had a shocked expression on his face by the time she finished. "You really think I'd do something like that?" he said.
Back to top Go down
Aiedle

Aiedle

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:01 pm

"I-I don't know.. I don't really know you, I-I just.. I meen... I don't even know your name." Lydia manged to reply sheepishly; she looked away not nowing what to say yet feeling ashamed all the same. "I-I'm sorry." She forced out almost as if it was painful to say.
Back to top Go down
Cai

Cai

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Cai sighed. "Do you want the job or not?" he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten years and I'm still working here   Ten years and I'm still working here Empty

Back to top Go down

Ten years and I'm still working here
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next