Skyshatter
Hello, and welcome to SkyShatter! To enter, please log in. If you are not yet a member, don't forget to register and become part of the community!
Skyshatter
Hello, and welcome to SkyShatter! To enter, please log in. If you are not yet a member, don't forget to register and become part of the community!
Skyshatter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skyshatter

Hello, Newcomer. I see they've sent you here too. It's ok, you'll fit in just fine. Welcome to Skyshatter. A place were the magic and mystery is banished from the human world. But we learned to settle here. There are many creatures here. What are you?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

okay... so.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Casey
Admin
Casey

Who you love : heh.. good question

okay... so. Empty
Postokay... so.

After not being on for what seems to be forever mainly because I've just been so busy, I've revisited this site just to see if anyone even gets on anymore.. ;-; I think the only one that regularly does is Aie, and by seeing that, I have realized just how much I actually miss this site. It was so much fun, and I hate to see it just go away forever. I say that we just try to start over. Start advertising, get the old members back, etc. Aie, you may not want to see this, but it might be good if this site were to have a fresh start because it seems that everything that was on this site is kinda lost already ;n; if we start fresh, we could try to make things more interesting and since we are basically restarting with the members, it could be nice to restart fresh here too. So, are you with me? ;u;
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

okay... so. :: Comments

Aiedle
Re: okay... so.
Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:17 am by Aiedle
Honestly I-I can't just give up on all of those memories, this site and it's members have helped me through some really rough times... A restart wouldn't do anything because no one that joined ever really stayed long except us... Skype is really what blew the site out of the water because it made it easier to communicate but now Morning is really the only one that talks to me anymore... Lupa asked what would happen when we grew up and I said that we would talk to each other more then RP.. It's seems I was right about that with two sites... I'm just going to leave now before I start crying, or atleast wishing I could...

Do what you want with the site... I'm not an admin, it's not my call...
Cai
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am by Cai
Alright, here's what I say. We re-start the site, but keep all the old stuffs in a special place so that we can go back and look at all the fun times we had, and say "nope, never doing that again" at some of the moments that aren't too fun. We can also re-create our old characters and give them better lives *coughIreallywannadothatwithcaicough* so we could still have the characters we really love (for me, Cai, Osi, Lupa, and Storm) and the characters that didn't turn out to be so great can be forgotten *coughlucycough*. I think it would be best for all of us if we gave the site a fresh start, but kept the old stuff in a place that we can all look at it, but not mess with it, like a museum. Wait...museum? *ideabulb* We could make a Windtown Museum that has multiple sections like "Major Events" and "Archives" and the could store different types of topics, like the "Major Events" could have all the topics of the plots in it. And it would be like the old stuff happened a few years before the time of the restart, so we still have ties to the old SS but we now have a completely different group of people running around. (You don't have to take anything I said about this museum thing to seriously, I was just brainstorming here) Anywhooo, I'm done with that.
Plain ol' Aki
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:17 pm by Plain ol' Aki
" and the characters that didn't turn out to be so great can be forgotten *coughlucycough*"
oh god i died

so anyways, i agree with lupa's idea. do not abandon this site, but give it a fresh start. hika should put all, or mostly important topics into some archive forum part. ...basically i second what lupa said. i believe maybe we should have some kind of skype group chat to just plan out the new site and whatnot instead of the chatbox.
Aiedle
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 pm by Aiedle
Keep your opinion to your selves jerks, you all know the Sh*t I was going through when I had her, and YOU Lupa!? I thought you were my freind, that comment hurts the most comeing from you, you know but go fucking figure, I was never good at figureing out who the hell my friends acctualy were anyway! Froggy was right, friends are only good for stabbing you in the back just like Austin and Officer Wagner! You people are turning out to be no different from WCC, when they did it I just thought "Oh-well, bad time to rejoin, they're assholse anyway." but now you people are turning it you jerks too! It's not SS that needs to change! And I know that you people think I'm over reacting but I'm not, I was constantly moving for the first seven years of my life and I also was unfortunate enough from my parrents to divorce, not to mention constantly getting kicked out off different schools. I made friends and then I was forced to move and every were I went teachers hated me because my ADHD made me have violent outbursts, and I got bullied too. Yeah I know "Ha-Ha" Me? Bullied? Doesn't make sense right but I was not to mention I was pretty much a Guine pig for different pills. and all of that has made me in to what I am now, a stoic faced emotionally unstable kid that can easily beat the Sh*t out of you, more so if pissed and absolutely can not stand change at all. Jazmin, You should understand with all that you went through as a kid, and how it through you into that pit of depression.

I'm sorry for the whole back story but I'm a bit emotionally comprimised what with all of these things going on right now, this being one of them, Lupa's stinging comment being another. I feel like I'm going to cry even though I really can't, I just needed to get that off my chest.

Just one more thing, and I hate to pull senoirity but I'm up there with Kora -above Lupa and Aki- doesn't that count for anything? ;n;
Casey
Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:06 pm by Casey
I don't exactly understand everything you have gone through in your life, Aie, and I'm definitely not going to say that you're over exaggerating on your story one bit, but change isn't always bad. And it isn't like the basics of the site changing; no, that's staying the same. We are just going to give the role play a fresh start. Everything will be the same as is, but the history will just begin anew. Nothing is changing... or at least, nothing as to change if you don't want it to. You can still keep your old characters, heck, if you want to, you can keep them the exact same way they are now! It's not like they are gone forever~

But, I will disagree with you on one thing. Just because Lupa and Aki may have a different opinion than you doesn't mean they aren't your friends. That just means they have a different mind set. They have a right to what they want to say just as you do~ that's what this topic is for: to share your ideas on what to do. I was just giving a suggestion, and they agreed. That's it. It's not like we are making a drastic decision right now anyway. I still need to talk to Hika about this.

Though, the only reason I am suggesting this, though, Aie, is because the old role play has just kind of dwindled and died. It kind of has that feeling that the older characters are in a way stuck in the time they were at when people stopped posting. Something new just needs to come along and move it forward again, and I just feel that a fresh start (which allows people to fix regrets and even remake the good memories) would help get everyone into the RPing mood again. That's all ;u;
Cai
Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 pm by Cai
Aie, you've told me before that you weren't going to bring Lucy back because of everything that happened with her (remember, I still wanted to rp with her at the time). All I meant was that the bad parts could be forgotten and you could even re-make her and she wouldn't have to follow that same path if you didn't want her to.

Now, i'm sorry for upsetting you, but I thought it was a harmless comment. And I'm sorry that you think we're being jerks right now, but all we're trying to do is what's best for the site. Maybe the site does need to change, or maybe it doesn't, but right now it seems to me that we've done something wrong, because barely anyone is active, so I say something needs to change.

Also, you've got to admit that the site IS dead. No one's rping anymore, and only a few of us still get on at all, let alone TALK to eachother. We tried to get it going with another plot, but despite my best efforts, it fizzled and poofed away. I agree with Kora, a fresh start may be what we need to get people rping again. and you can still have all of your old characters, but improved versions, or maybe exactly the same as before. I really don't care, because they're your charries, not mine.

Finally, seniority? really? I joined maybe a week after you did! and Aki joined a month later than either of us and she's a mod!I honestly don't think seniority matters at all, because we're all members of this site and we should all get an equal vote, even though Hika gets the final say.
Aiedle
Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:16 pm by Aiedle
You know what it all came to a grinding halt? one, because we grew up an became friends so naturally we wanted to spend more time talking then RPing. and two, Skype made it easier to talk to everyone because you didn't have to constanly check the site every five seconds or try to catch them on the CBox.

Changeing the site just feels wrong because our personal thoughts and opinions went into it and a re-boot is just like saying well it was stupid anyway so lets pretend it never happened, life doesn't work like that. Heck if I could go back in time and not give a damn about Lilly at all don't you think I would sit there thinking about it, sure I would like to have never given a damn because that ruined my effing life but doing something like that is just plain wrong.

I know I sound like I'm makeing you guys out to be the bad guys and heck you may or may not think the same of me right now but if you guys re-boot the site I'll probably leave, because for better or worse I'm glad I had Lucy and all my other characters and things happened the way they did because what happened happened and that was part of my life and it feels wrong moraly to just throw it all in a bin labeled "Good times and F*ck ups"

And Lupa, yes it did hurt because even though I find it embarassing and sometimes even stupid how it turned out all in all I liked Lucy and I liked having an Elf character and because I've never seen you so quick to point out flaws nor have I seen you be so precise about who, heck even Deme told me you sounded mean and she's not me, nor was I useing her shoulder to cry on. Aki's response was to be expected though, she made it very evident when she didn't like something and she didn't like Lucy. As for my comment, I brought up seniority because I was desperate and felt on the verge of tears, you didn't have to be so brash in your response.

And one last thing, I'm happy with what happened, and I'm satisfied with the characters I have now and their relationships. seeing as your getting on so much now why don't you post in other places then here. Heck! Why don't you set this site to one of your home page tabs, how do you think I get on so often. Or why don't we set up a schedual that way we all know when everyone gets home from school, and when they get on the internet so we know relitively when each other s online because that's part of the problem. Mabey we could use some new areas to post in, I meen come on, you guys aren't thinking about all of the possiblilities here are you?
Dementia
Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:01 pm by Dementia
I honestly don't think that we should restart the site, can't we just like, start roleplaying again where we left off or whatever? Or is that not possible and I'm just confused? o3o
Casey
Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:39 pm by Casey
I see what you're saying Aie, and both you and Deme have a good point. Here's an idea that might help settle for both sides of the story. It's not exactly a reboot, but it can be if certain members want to be.

Instead of just completely restarting the site, we can simply say that (since everything has kinda died o3o;) it is quite a few years later after everything has happened, kind of like a giant time skip. Let's say this could be.. maybe 10 (this can be changed) years later after the last major event-- or the plot that we had recently done. This can give certain members a chance to restart with new characters or keep the ones they have now. So, for example, if I wanted to get rid of.. Nina, then I can say that during this time, she saw the error of her ways and now lives happily somewhere in Skyshatter, and then I can make a brand new character to fill her place. Or, for another example, I really wanted to keep my twins Casey and Nathan. I can still roleplay them, but if I really want them to stay the same age, they can still be the same age they are now because what role play really makes sense anymore? x3

This way, mentally, it feels like a restart for some people who don't like any of their characters, but it technically isn't a restart at all. It's just a new era in the time of Skyshatter. That way, the characters that are still there from the older times can reminisce like old people and say "Hey remember that time long ago when...?" and the new characters can all be like "wut r u talkin bout?"

All in all, it's a restart without the restart x3 Obviously, if this idea is liked, or not liked for that matter, things can be changed around. It's just a general idea that could compromise the two differing opinions~
Plain ol' Aki
Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:33 pm by Plain ol' Aki
when the long A** posts come in, im out.
edit: oh god why do i have to read all of this maaan
edit2: okay okay. so like, aie, sorry bout that comment i said about lucy bro.
so anyway, we're not trying to erase all the memories or take them away, we want to make more and keep the site active
and oh god dont compare me to wccers.
not sure if someone else just said what i did but heck. tl;dr
ps: if you're wondering where my intellect in typing went, cb took it away.
Aiedle
Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 pm by Aiedle
Thank You nina, I really like that idea, and honesly if some people want to bring characters back I don't see why not I meen we have the shinda tochi forrest and SS doctors fixed things easilly that real doctors can't so why not just say screw logic.
Casey
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:37 pm by Casey
Well... does anyone else have an opinion on this idea? o.o
Plain ol' Aki
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:55 pm by Plain ol' Aki
Well, it's pretty much the actives that just stated theirs, we just need Hika to get back on and say her two cents.
Casey
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:13 pm by Casey
True... but I haven't been able to get a hold of Hika. She hasn't even been on DA ;n; HIIIKAAAAAAA COME BAAAAAAACCK!!
Aiedle
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:19 pm by Aiedle
Try Skype.
Casey
Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:44 pm by Casey
I don't use Skype... well, I have one but I dun think I have added her D:
Cai
Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 am by Cai
I agree with kora's suggestion of advancing a few years...that is alll
P.S. *throws out Hika bait*
Casey
Post Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 pm by Casey
alright has anyone been able to contact Hika at all? ;-;
Aiedle
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:00 am by Aiedle
*raises hand* She kinda wants to be left alone right now but she may or may not answer as to wether or not she approves.
Hika
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 pm by Hika
*Bursts through the door all heroicly* IM HERE. >:D

But anyway... i got bored with all the long texts in this topic, so i'mma just say lets do the fresh-start thing Aie was talking to me about earlier. It sounds like a good idea. I might need new characters, it would help me get into the sight again I guess. But... yea... i'mma just... sit here... and... yea...
Aiedle
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 pm by Aiedle
You meen the timeskip?
Hika
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:37 pm by Hika
What do you think I mean?
Aiedle
Post Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:41 pm by Aiedle
Oh good, I though you might have been talking about something else. 10 years for the timeskip right?
Casey
Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 am by Casey
si senor :3
Post  by Sponsored content

okay... so.

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Skyshatter :: About the site :: Member Announcements-
Jump to: